Favre really retiring? I doubt it.
Favre really retiring? I doubt it.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I hope he does, again. I know it's going to be terrible for the next few weeks with the lovefest for him, if he came back again, I would only hope someone put his ass in retirement for good. I loathe him now. I used to be a huge fan and even supported him coming out of retirement the first time, but he's nothing more than an attention ***** now. It wouldn't be as bad if it were spread out and now every single year.
My hunch is yes, because it appears that his body may be finally making him. Make no mistake, he showed last year that he can still play and play at a level higher than most. Obviously the ankle and such aren't coming back around as well as he would have liked.
Now it being Favre, and if it starts improving more, the itch will still be there, and since it seems that the team wants him back, wouldn't shock me at all for another direction change.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
he'll be back...hes got hte best chance to win another superbowl and gonna turn that down? i think not...favre will be back before or after training camp is over
"I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." -ted nugent
No development regarding the career of Brett Favre is official until the official Favre family scrivener, Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, chimes in.
Jones reports, citing an unnamed family source, that no decision has been made by Favre regarding whether he'll retire for the third annual year.
"Brett has not made a commitment to play or a decision to return at this point," the source said.
So what in the hell is going on here?
Since Favre himself has remained silent, and since we believe the reports that he has advised team officials and teammates that he's retiring, this whole thing could be a power play aimed at getting more money for Favre or, more likely, getting the team off his ass about showing up for the third preseason game.
Indeed, we've got a feeling that the organization had been pressuring him to show up for the preseason home opener, and that Favre finally decided to make it known that he simply won't show up at all. By never acknowledging it himself, he'll never look like he was lying.
And so the end result will be more money for Favre and the ability to show up on the Friday before the first game, giving him six days to prepare to face the Saints on September 9.
Report: Family source says Favre has made no decision | ProFootballTalk.com
i wish he would hurry up and retire so we dont have to put up with this bull**** every year, i cant even watch sportscenter without an interruption of "breaking news brett favre wipes his ass with his left hand"
Cant we all just get along?
Bookmarks